How do I support my boyfriend in learning German as a native speaker?

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend comes from an English speaking country and has been living in Germany for a few years. His German is not too bad, but he is quite shy about it and feels like it's holding him back professionally.

As a new years resolution, we want to work on his German. We already started speaking mostly in German and started watching Netflix in German instead of English.

I feel like this isn't enough though. A language course unfortunately is not an option right now, so I would like to fill out that role. I am willing to invest half an hour a day and more during the weekend. However I am not a language teacher and so I am wondering if anyone here has some advice about how I should go about this... I was thinking about maybe doing a grammar topic a week and to have him write some things in German. But I don't know where to start.

Thanks a lot in advance!

submitted by /u/windchimesexcrime
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/37ENVY6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments