Foreign Exchange

Hello, so my family is hosting what is essentially a foreign exchange student from China and she has been here for 4 months now. Big issue though, she doesn't speak a lick of English; she couldn't from the get-go and still can't now. It feels as if she isn't putting in any effort towards learning English- and I say this primarily because she doesn't ever engage in conversation with anyone except people who can speak Chinese. My thinking was that I should probably help her learn English, but at the same time, I'm fairly certain her mother sent her here without consideration for her feelings and I can't say with confidence she even wants to be in America. I leave for college in 2 weeks, should I even bother trying to help? Am I even in any place to do so?

submitted by /u/AniBourben
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2ZRtnsK
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments