Does anyone have any language exchange tips for a shy person?

My university offers a language exchange program each semester and I really want to apply. I’ve been learning Chinese for about four years now and at this point I think I really need consistent practice with a native speaker to progress further. The problem is that I’m pretty shy and not very good at conversations, so I’m afraid I won’t be able to make the best of the opportunity and potentially ruin it for my partner. Each meeting is supposed to include an hour of conversation in each language, which makes me really nervous that we’ll run out of things to say and it will get awkward. Does anyone have any advice that would help me avoid that?

submitted by /u/OldWaterspout
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Fmcopm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments