Do Some Of Us Just Not Have What It Takes?

In my relatively long life I have tried to learn five languages other than my native English. I took several years of Spanish in high school and university. I joined the Peace Corps and had three months of intensive instruction in Chuukese. I lived on Saipan for 26 years and tried hard to learn the local Chamorro language. I spent several years studying Japanese because I was visiting the country often during the 80s and 90s. I retired and moved to Thailand in 2005 and have spent many hours, lots of money and huge amounts of time trying to learn Thai.

After all that, I have never had a conversation with anyone in any language other than English. In other words, my attempts to learn those five languages have all ended in complete failure.

submitted by /u/buadhai
[link] [comments]

from Tere tulemast | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2OjFaM1
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments