7 months into learning Japanese, think my English ability is starting to falter

So my native language is English, and my target language being Japanese obviously. About 7 months into learning through as much immersion as possible and I've just started to notice more and more recently that whenever I try to spell a word in English (mainly ones I don't use often) based off sound / syllables alone, I'm starting to question whether or not I'm spelling the word correctly or incorrectly. I'm assuming this is because my brain is so used to how English and Japanese sound by now that its just completely natural, and the two are conflicting with one another at times. Just curious if you've ran into this issue(?) yet and if so, which language is it and how long have you been learning it?

edit: Even if this doesn't happen for you, which issues / anomalies have you run into after learning your target language, in regards to how it conflicts with your native language?

submitted by /u/ng_tsx
[link] [comments]

from Tere tulemast | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/38WUN3R
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments