50 Hours of Duolingo and others

Hello, these are some ideas about my trial at learning a third language. That trial made me realise something critical for languages learners. So, I decided to share it + asking for a little extra help.

I spent approximately 50 hours of learning into X language. yet, my gain wasn't sufficient. When I think about this time, I might've spent 20 hours of Duolingo + many other hours on some bad language series. Therfore I might have spent about 35 of ineffective learning. That's the main reason for my results.

I'd like to speak a little about Duolingo. I believe almost everyone agrees that Duolingo is a great way to start learning a language. That's it, I mean in the long run it wouldn't be that efficient. A point which worth mentioning the language I learned during this experience is an uncommon for native English speakers to learn. Duolingo may have better content for some other languages. I guess it would be more beneficial for those languages.

Another discussion

Certainly, Your methods and resources effect your language learning to a great extent. Some times your problems are because of resources or methods, not because you're unable to learn foreign languages or you're bad at it.

Finding better resources will be a good solution for me. Are there any other ways to have more efficient learning?

submitted by /u/smt996
[link] [comments]

from Tere tulemast | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/316QeBi
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments