Vocab Busters - language learning roguelike game

Hello all,

I've created a language learning roguelike* for learning vocabulary. It's free and all online (no signup or downloads necessary). At the moment it has French, German and Russian, although I've designed it so it takes about 5 minutes to add on another language. You can find it below:
https://vocabbusters.github.io

As a bit more background, I created this as I've always thought that gaming could be one of the best ways to learn - especially with something like languages which involve a lot of repetition. Whilst there are loads of apps/etc. that try to gamify learning or have a few minigames, I find they all fall short of being a game I want to play just on it's own merits for any length of time. I really want to try to make something that you're wanting to 'play just one more level' until 2am whilst actually learning something useful.

This game isn't even 5% of the way there yet, so that's where I'd like your thoughts and suggestions!

\For those not familiar with the term, a roguelike (or dungeon crawler) is a worryingly addictive type of turn based computer game in which you battle mosters as you try to descend deeper and deeper. They're usually very hard, and you're expected to die many times in reaching the goal.)

submitted by /u/Retropunch
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2tlT08Q
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments