Starting with learning a root language thoroughly and learning other derivative languages?

I'm new to language learning as a whole and would like to have at least grammatical proficiency with several languages even if I don't know the words for some stuff.

I know that a lot of European languages are related and sometimes have similar sentence structure and grammatical rules. Is there any way I could start by thoroughly learning one language and having a solid understanding of that language with which I could learn other similar languages with ease?

I've heard that if I learn Latin thoroughly I could learn the basics of the romantic languages with ease. Is it true?

submitted by /u/qwerty882001
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3653qZf
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments