oTranscribe - Watching videos with more control

I like the practice of watching and rewatching videos in order to learn new vocabulary/grammar constructions. I usually do this on Youtube, and I've always been frustrated with the lack of playback controls and limited speed settings. I looked up free transcription services and found a website that lets you upload video/audio, or just put in a Youtube link, and you can then watch the video with keyboard shortcuts for play/pause, going back just a few seconds, speeding up/slowing down, and pulling a timestamp.

I've only messed around with it a little so far, but it seems promising. I've also been interested in actually fully transcribing audio as a way to practice, which is what this site was designed for. Just thought I'd share--hopefully some of you find it helpful as well.

https://otranscribe.com/

submitted by /u/josh5now
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2rMeWKc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments