Is there anyone here self-study out-put abilities?

Hello everyone, this is my very first post on Reddit. I have been learning English for about 8 years and Japanese for 2 years. In the beginning, I principally learned at some private schools and of course from textbooks. But from my experiences as well as the internet, I decided to self-study. I think schools do not help much if you do not spend enough time to practice and study.

Currently, for input-skills I am using Anki to memorize vocabulary and grammar structures. Additionally, I am also listening for native's podcasts and video blogs in order to enlarge my vocabularies and get used to the speed of native's talking. Moreover, I have started to read novels and some kind of online-blogs.

Though I consider that my reading and listening are presumably ordinary level, I have to admit output skills are far from them (maybe I have not devoted enough time to study). So far, because of the lacking of direct communication with native speakers, I only often use shadowing as a method to get better but it was not effective much. Through this subreddit, I had found some topics that likely to be able to solve this problem and came up with a new strategy (in fact, I have joined Reddit since last year however haven't written anything yet).

  • Try to comment as much as I can daily and write a blog weekly. Maybe a sort of technical blog or myself language learning diary like this one. (yeah, by the way, I hope someone can read those terrible things and correct them for me.)
  • Take a tutoring class from Italky: Is there any advice about this? At the present time, I am barely able to talk about some simple topics with horrible grammar and pronunciation. If I can not hold the conversation long enough does it make any difference?
  • Does writing even make Speaking better? I have experienced some youtube videos considering that.
  • Are there any writing practice textbooks are recommended for ESL people? Like a guide for some kind of writing academic essays rather than informal conversations

At last, thank you for your patience :D

submitted by /u/reds248
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2MCPEFv
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments