Advice on expanding active vocabulary in your target language?

I can communicate comfortably and convey most things I need to say in my L2 (Japanese), but more than often there’s a more concise word I could’ve used to convey my point and I’m unsure how to advance to this level.

When I was a beginner, writing sentences using the words I wanted to learn really helped me out since they were generally common words I could throw into conversation frequently, but now the opportunity to use the words I’m trying to learn doesn’t show up nearly as often. I can remember the meaning of new words easily and reading comprehension is not much of an issue, but I’m really stuck here.

Any advice or methods that worked for you guys? Thank you so much!

submitted by /u/tokotto
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/367yBmF
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments