Switching back to my native accent when not focused

Hi,

I was born and raised in France. I am fully French/English bilingual and have been living in a Welsh family for the past 4 years + everything I do is in English except talking with the people around me (since I live in France).

When I deliver a speech or when I take time to think about what I am about to say, I have a good british accent (7-8/10, it isn't perfect, it switches between Yorkshire and Wales, it doesn't sound French at all though), but whenever I am multitasking and need to focus on something else, I am unable to keep the accent and just switch to a painful 100% French accent.

Is there some point in my life where this will stop without having to totally quit speaking French? Can I do anything about it?

submitted by /u/Lareln
[link] [comments]

from Failte royd | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/34u0BjA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments