Have you had conversations in different languages?

I work in a bilingual call center where we get calls in Spanish and English from all over the US. Because Portuguese and Spanish are very similar, once in a while we get Brazilian customer speaking Portuguese in the Spanish section. I speak Portuguese so I have no issue understanding them and I even posted in r/Portuguese if it would be okay if answer in Portuguese.

Anyway none of my coworkers speak Portuguese , and yet they are still able to get the calls done, though they commented they have a little trouble understanding them.

I was just curious if have you ever had a conversations with people that speak different yet similar languages to each other?

Like Portuguese and Spanish, The Balkan languages, Turkish and Azerbaijani, etc.

submitted by /u/juliO_051998
[link] [comments]

from Failte royd | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2L2Q9b7
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments