Best Russian vocabulary app?

Follow on from my previous post:

Started learning Russian a few weeks ago. It's still early but I'm seeing consistent progress - I've been using Pimsleur mainly to get pronunciation and the general basics down, combined with near daily (beginner) conversations with my fiance and her friends. Each Pimsleur lesson seems to revolve around a conversation that incorporates everything you've been taught - one thing that's really helped has been to write out the conversation at the end of each lesson, sometimes changing it here and there. I'm pretty comfortable reading and spelling in Cyrillic now, and can even guess when to use that fucking soft sign.

I want to start supplementing my study with an app purely for vocabulary. I don't mind paying money if one's worth it. Any recommendations?

I remember Transparent Languages used to have this great program called "Byki" about 10 years ago that I used for high school Spanish. It had thousands of flashcards, grouped by topic (eg food, transport etc). The best thing was its "Practice" function where it would pull up random flashcards that you had already covered. Ones that you consistently got right would appear less frequently, while ones that you struggled with would come up all the time. I'd love it if there was something similar to this available.

submitted by /u/hyperxenophiliac
[link] [comments]

from Selamat datang | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2PS8DzV
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments