Should I go back to Spanish or Japanese?

I learned as many languages as I could in school. Spanish from middle school to sophomore year of high school. I also sporadically taught myself Japanese. I took German junior and senior year. Then in college, I did two years of Spanish and two years of Japanese. It's been about 4 years since I practiced either one so all I remember is vocabulary and some basic sentences.

I'm going back to school to become an RN, then a CNM (certified nurse midwife) and I believe being fluent in another language will be make me a better nurse. Spanish is the better option, isn't it? I don't know if I'm going to stay in Florida, but we have a very large Latino population so it would be very useful. I'm much more passionate about Japanese though. It's easier for me to speak (I get so tongue tied trying to speak Spanish) and it's just so much more fun for me. I enjoy watching anime and movies so it keeps my interest high. So I guess the question is, is it better to learn for utility or fun?

submitted by /u/thekittykaboom
[link] [comments]

from Selamat datang | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2La9ztL
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments