Is there a term that defines the process of learning/studying a topic at a lower level than one already knows?

Apologies for the convoluted title. I'll give a couple of examples.

Let's say I'm a non-native speaker of English and my current level is about C1 of the CEFR scale, and I study on books aimed at level B1 or B2, how is this thing called? Does it have a name, regardless of whether it is advisable or not?

Another example: I might speak Dutch at level B2 but I use grammar books and textbooks for level B1.

Obviously, this is not limited to language learning, but I'm curious if this phenomenon has been studied.

I'm aware of the term Equivalent or Lower Qualification (ELQ), but this doesn't capture exactly what I mean.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Ottaviocr
[link] [comments]

from Selamat datang | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/34awkGX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments