Is it really possible to learn a language in six months?

I keep hearing that, depending on the language, that you could become conversationally fluent in a new language within six months. I didn’t believe it, so I thought I’d give it a try with Spanish (since I tried before in high school and failed miserably). It’s been half a month and already I feel like I grasp Spanish better than I ever did in high school, but I also don’t feel like I’m doing enough to be conversational within six months. I know a crucial part is getting as much exposure to the language as possible, so everyday I do a 30 minute listening/speaking lesson, a 15 minute reading/grammar lesson, and watch a Spanish TV show with about an hour run time. So on most days I get about 2(ish) hours of Spanish (sometimes 3 if I can get two lessons in), but I feel like 2 hours out of 24 each day isn’t going to be enough to be fluent within six months. Am I wrong? What did your study regiment look like and how long did you have to follow it before you felt like you had a solid grasp on the language?

submitted by /u/BouncedSorosCheck
[link] [comments]

from Selamat datang | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2NIEzEm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments