How should I continue improving my (C1?) English?

Hey y'all,

I'm a 25 year old guy from the Netherlands, and I feel like I've always been able to speak English.
I did learn English in middle school but I haven't had any actual lessons since then.
Aside from the basics, everything I know I've just picked up along the way.
I only read books in English and look up words I'm not familiar with, watch movies/TV shows in English (With English subtitles because the sound FX and music make it difficult to understand the dialogue sometimes), write in English 90% of the time because most of my friends are from a different country than I am, think in English, etc.

Lately I've been in a "Hiphop mood" and listening to artists like Sadistik and Aesop Rock has made me want to improve my English, especially my vocabulary, so I'll be able to express myself more creatively.
I have no clue what my level is at this moment. The few online tests I've done say either C1 or C2, but I don't believe those are accurate since they only ask a couple questions rather than testing all skills.

What would be a good way for me to improve my English from where I'm at right now? Despite all the stuff I mentioned earlier, I feel like I'm not really improving anymore, like I've plateaued. Of course I learn a new word every now and then but that's pretty much it.

If you have any suggestions/tips, I'd love to hear them!

Cheers.

submitted by /u/Aetherialistic
[link] [comments]

from Selamat datang | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2L0cPJm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments