Has anyone learned languages by making conlangs?

So I’m very interested in languages and learning them, and I also like hard linguistics and conlangs. So, I thought it would be a good idea if I could learn a language by making a conlang.

The thought behind it is that, if I get familiar with the systems underlying a language, I can employ them by making a conlang that utilizes them- think phonology and phonotactics, syntax, noun case, etc. This way, I can familiarize myself with foreign systems and make learning a language easier.

I first tried this out by making a language that uses Uralic-like sentence structure, OVS, but with very Semitic phonology.

Does anyone else do something similar?

submitted by /u/stellarpasta
[link] [comments]

from Selamat datang | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2LbYNEI
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments