Where should I start with learning a Romance language, as a French speaker

Good evening,

I grew up speaking both English and French, and while I have been teaching myself Swedish and I take German classes at school, I eventually would like to take up learning Spanish and Portuguese. Now I am aware of how these languages are in the same language family as french, however I am not sure how much of a head start I really have.

Are the grammar rules similar enough that I can breeze through most of the low-mid level grammar? I'm only curious because unlike German or Swedish, with Spanish and Portuguese I have a sort of "leg up" and I don't really know the best course of action for starting out.

Thanks again

submitted by /u/SuspiciousOrange96
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2XvNEpP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments