What exactly is your personal “goal” with language learning?

Me, I’ve been fascinated with languages since I was little. It blew my mind that other people understood and navigated through life using a different set of sounds and symbols that I couldn’t understand.

At first my goal was just “learn to speak Spanish,” which I have been fluent in for years now. I’ve only a few months ago decided to be serious about language studies, and have been studying for hours daily ever since.

Languages I study currently are French, Thai and Portuguese, all of which I intend to become comfortably conversant/literate in. Anddd as I approach this goal, I suspect it will just expand in some way or another.

Whenever I come across people communicating in a language I don’t know, I think, “I HAVE to know what they are saying!”

I also want to make languages the focus of my career in some way.

What about y’all?

submitted by /u/LibidoCornacopia
[link] [comments]

from Benvinguts | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Ya0G8g
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments