#BilinguaProblems

This is the only place I find to post this, but if it doesn’t belong it’s cool. Ok so here’s some context I am bilingual in French and English, however I’ve been living in an English speaking country my whole life. However I’m really scared of losing my French when I go to university, since I’m looking in my English speaking country. My primary middle school was in French since we lived in a French speaking area at the time, but my secondary/ high school all in english. I also speak Spanish pretty fluently! Being French and speaking French is a HUGE part of my identity.

So this is my question, bilingual people, were you able to keep your second or first language in a school/place which only had one dominant language (I.e English being the dominant language in classes and assignments). And how?

Hope it’s not to confusing! Thanks!

submitted by /u/BeanIsOnline
[link] [comments]

from Аӄта и’ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Gwi6pi
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments