At what point should I begin reading for vocab ?

Hello everyone,

Today I picked up a copy of the first Harry Potter book in Russian, but I’m certainly not at the reading level to be able to get through it at any reasonable pace. I know around 1000 words in Russian right now and live in a Russian speaking country. I can get around pretty well speaking and listening but my reading comprehension is pretty lackluster. I’m looking to improve my vocab through reading, but I’m wondering if it’s worth my time to slowly go through and look up every new word in Harry Potter book one and throw them all into an Anki deck, or work with something easier first. Basically, since this book is so difficult for me will it be worth my time to work through it right now or should I shelve it for later ?

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/Nyaldir83
[link] [comments]

from خوش آمديد | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2YzUZk7
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments