Visiting my girlfriend in Lebanon in a little over a month, and want to learn some Lebanese before I get there to surprise her. I have no responsibilities from now until the start of August, what is the most efficient way to learn the language?

Just as some added information, I was born and raised in Dubai, and a majority of my friends are Lebanese, so I have hear the language a lot, which I feel gives me some sort of baseline to go off of. I’m currently away on vacation, so I can’t ask them to teach me.

Ive always wanted to learn Arabic, but never put any focus into it, but now that I’m going to Lebanon, i feel that some language learning is in order. Though I can’t speak the language, I can generally understand what my friends are saying, even if I don’t understand not the exact words, I can tell what the sentence means overall. I can’t recall most words from memory, though with some practice I feel as though it could be cemented in my head.

I’m currently 16, speaking English, Turkish, and a moderate level of French.

I began the course of Duolingo, which teaches MSA afaik, I’m trying to learn the alphabet from there, though I’ve heard that the Duolingo course is not too helpful for Lebanese.

Anyway, that’s all really, how could I make the most efficient progress in this month I have? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

submitted by /u/VOLC_Mob
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2YoqiyO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments