Learning new language vs improving already spoken one

I have this summer and my senior year of college to take advantage of language courses offered at my school. I'm considering a career with the US government through the CIA or maybe the military so I've been thinking about picking up Arabic. The issue is I'm Korean and have a pretty basic to intermediate grasp of Korean and both are listed as languages of interest with category 4 difficulty from the state department.

Should I focus on Arabic or Korean? I think I could progress faster in Korean since I speak it at home. On the other hand I think I have enough background to become proficient through self study and my time would be better spent on a formal course of study in Arabic.

submitted by /u/helpimfailure
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Xh0W9F
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments