I can’t decide if I want to learn Korean or Mandarin, please help!

I come from a Mandarin family, but was raised in Canada and my parents never taught me Mandarin as a child because they wanted me to become a native English speaker and whatnot, it’s a long story, but anyways, now that I’m much older, my family wants me to learn Mandarin again, but I don’t know if I’m very interested anymore. The thing is, I’m also very interested in Korean because of hallyu and their culture, and CONSIDERING on pursuing my art passion there sometime in the future (many of my inspirations are from Korea) but I’m not certain. This indecisiveness has kept me from learning either languages for a long time now, and I still can’t decide! :(

TLDR; I’m mandarin but can’t speak Mandarin, and wanna learn for my family only, but I’m not that interested in Mandarin. I wanna learn Korean but I’m not sure if it will be useful.

submitted by /u/mildlyupsethours
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Xz8zaU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments