Combining study and exercise in sets - anyone try this?

Hi, I've been trying something new, and sharing it in case it's useful, plus get ideas.

Recently I discovered I can get through a set of 100 anki cards way more quickly if I do sets of exercise intermingled with study. Like X pushups/situps/squats every two minutes on the minute, with flashcards the rest of the time.

If I don't do this and just do flashcards, I ALWAYS get distracted. I find flashcards really boring, otherwise.

I also focus so hard on the flashcards that I learn them really well. I could make up a theory about blood stimulus and learning but frankly I'd be making it up! The point is, I get through them, and it doesn't feel forced.

Anyone else tried this? What works? Looking for more ideas!

Also, exercise is fun, but it's not very mentally stimulating, and I don't want to go to complete exhaustion where I can't think straight with every workout. (Obviously, when I do work out hard, I wouldn't be able to study at the same time.)

Other things I've tried in the past that haven't worked are listening to audio while running (I keep thinking "damn it that's a phrase I should write down!" or "what does that mean??"), or doing flashcards on a treadmill (makes me nauseous, and I don't like it how I can't move freely).

submitted by /u/hooshd
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Nz0wav
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments