Are A1 courses actually worth it?

I ask this partly for my own sake, and partly for general discussion.

I've got about a month to myself with nothing to do, so I was thinking of signing up to a local language school to study German for a month at A1. Then again, I thought: courses, to me anyway, are best for structured conversation opportunities and gaining fluency.

As I can barely string a sentence together at A1, is it worth shelling out the ~400€ for a course when I could just relearn the basics via a book? Presumably at that level everything will be covering starting vocab and grammar. I kind of want to do it (as I want something to do in my time off!) but don't know if it's worth it.

Opinions? Anyone who thinks it is worth it, can you explain why? And if you think it isn't worth it, what CEFR level do you think lessons should be started at?

submitted by /u/maxwellhouseeyes
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2XzguoI
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments