Should I study a language I don't enjoy as much if it will help me learn other languages that I do enjoy?

I'm really interested in learning Germanic languages, especially Dutch and Swedish. I've often heard people say that knowing German made it much easier for them to learn other Germanic languages, however I don't really have the same level of "excitement" for German that I do for these other languages, and because German is often described as being more difficult than those previously mentioned, it could be a year or two before I get to learn the others.

Is the benefit worth the cost of learning a language I'm not quite as interested in?

submitted by /u/DANK_MEME_TASK_FORCE
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2Wujj9T
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments