Personal Question about Learning Languages

So, for the past six months or so, I have been studying the Chinese language everyday with native speakers. I have made a lot of progress, and I know if I continue at this pace, I will succeed.However, there is one thing that has been bothering me, lately.. Every since I was maybe eight years old, I have wanted to learn the Arabic language. I grew up with Arabic speaking friends, and always really liked the sound of it growing up. I have also grown really be interested in countries like Egypt, Dubai, ect.. I have contemplated learning both Chinese and Arabic at the same time, but the thing is with Arabic, to be successful in it you have to learn both MSA and a dialect, and I don't think I could learn all of that with Chinese at one time. I just turned 18, so I have been re-examining my life a lot, and this is one thing that keeps coming up. But my problem is I have already spent so much time learning Chinese, so how could I just give up like that? I just keep getting this feeling that I should and focus on Arabic, though.. Has anyone else experienced this?

submitted by /u/MonkeyBobJones
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2EIyx0X
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments