People who already learned a second language, what aspects of learning your third (or beyond) language have been affected because of your second?

I don’t really have a great way of concisely explaining what I’m asking enough for a title, but basically I’m talking about grammar or stuff that affects the language learning process. For example I learned Polish, which doesn’t have articles, so despite being a native English speaker, I forget often to use articles in Spanish. Or word order is super flexible in Polish, but in Spanish only in some places, so naturally some Polish word order comes out. Or I completely forgot that I have to learn how to say ‘of’ because in Polish it’s expressed by a grammatical case.

Stuff like that.

submitted by /u/LordAppletree
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2MfNZrG
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments