Language Learning OCD

I'll keep this brief.

I love learning languages. Deciding what languages to learn puts so much stress on me though.

I've been studying Spanish for six years, and Portuguese for a little over two years now.

But there's always a thought in the back of my head that wants me to group languages together, and think too far into the future.

For example, I know I should only focus on one language at a time (Spanish is on hiatus, and I am improving my Portuguese). But something inside me wants to group more languages together.

Oh, I know Spanish and Portuguese, and I have to learn French. Right now. Otherwise it'll feel off balance, you know?

But if I learn French, and I have to learn German, because they go together as major European Languages. etc etc (I'm not sure if what I'm typing is making sense, but I have no idea how I should describe this)

I spend more time thinking about languages I want to learn, and stressing out about the one's that I don't know, and comparing myself to other learners, that it becomes a huge uncontrollable waste of my time.

Anybody have any advice, or a way I can think about things so that I don't keep doing this?

submitted by /u/OiSouRy
[link] [comments]

from خوش آمدید| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2LxlR2G
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments