It's happening! I have 7 months until I leave the US for the first time to go to Norway. How do I make best use of this time?

For clarification, yes I am learning Norwegian. I am attending a small university in the middle of the country where they speak Nynorsk I believe. Although I'm learning Bokmal because those are the only resources I have.

I hear it's only helpful if you reach B1 status so I believe that is my goal. For how much I know now? I have completed the duolingo course and try to read and listen every day. I'm still not quite confident in my abilities.

Nevertheless, this language is important for me. I live in Minnesota where being bilingual is unheard of, and come from a strong Norwegian background.

What would you do in my shoes to prepare? I have a few textbooks that I read, as well as podcasts. But I don't have any friends who speak Norwegian.

My goal is to become B2 by next year.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Norsynth
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2JLkpYO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments