Hit An Early Wall

So I'm only 4ish months into learning Swedish, when in reality the focus has been stretched really thin so it hasn't been 4 months of sole focus (got a lot going on in my life). I was hoping to have had some level of proficiency before my trip to Sweden at the end of June, but I feel like I've learned so little and I'm learning aimlessly.

One thing I've read up on a lot is comprehensive input, and it sounds great. But the biggest thing is finding Swedish specific resources that are "comprehensive input" because if that's a huge way to retain memory and flex my memory muscles a little, I need to actually find this resource. I have been using an amazing tutor on italki, but for financial reasons can't commit to doing lessons every week--I have only been able to learn with her once a month. But in those times when I'm engaging with someone in a one-on-one learning environment I have felt genuinely challenged and I feel like I"m making bigger strides in that fashion.

How does one go about focusing their study, especially when I realistically have maybe an hour a day to focus on learning, and how do I find/seek out comprehensive input learning tools specific to Swedish (or any language of my choosing really)? Could use a little direction!

submitted by /u/thesalemdit
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2WcljEx
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments