Has anyone tried the baby method? (Portuguese/russian)

I am getting more and more comfortable with my Spanish and now I would like to slowly introduce a new language to learn (either Portuguese or Russian). However, it's the first time I'll be learning a language without taking classes.

I'd like to try the baby method: finding a teaching partner (interested in learning French for example in my case) to talk with, but without any grammar or correction, no classes, no English, only talking and listening with the target languages (like describing a picture/child book and asking simple questions). Maybe also a bit of reading, and from time to time dipping into grammar.

Has anyone ever tried this method? How did it go? I seriously enjoy listening to people I'm taking to at the moment and it's waaaaay more interesting to interact rather than doing exercises with a book (I'm looking at you, Assimil)

submitted by /u/Souwy
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2JHIDDm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments