Can't relax tongue enough to do Alveolar Trill

I've been relentlessly following tutorials reading articles and practicing tongue exercises to learn to roll Rs and at this point its clear to me that I cannot get my tongue relaxed enough for it to be moved by the force of air. I can easily rest it in the correct position for the trill in my mouth but the moment I begin to exhale/push air out my tongue immediately tenses up, making the trill impossible.

I understand the theory of what I have to do, but I cannot for the life of me relax my tongue. Are there exercises for this? To teach my tongue not to tense up whenever I push out air?

Advice?

submitted by /u/PatchMeUp7
[link] [comments]

from Dev Boro Dis Dium | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2JbryS0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments