Native English speakers who are learning another Germanic language and/or another language spoken in the former British Empire, why?

By "another language spoken in the former British Empire", I mean a language that is spoken in the United Kingdom or in one of its former colonies like Welsh, Hindi, Maori, Navajo, etc.

Why am I asking it? I was thinking that it may be rather useless, because people in these countries usually speak English well (depending on the person). Maybe you will show me I'm wrong about it. You could show me I'm wrong about Hindi getting progressively more useless as the time goes by (I was thinking that India is using more and more English and leaving Hindi aside).

submitted by /u/garaile64
[link] [comments]

from خوش آمدید| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2V1SdXQ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments