[Help] I need to communicate with a new employee who is a 75 year old polish man.

I have a new worker under me whom I really enjoy and love. He is 75-80 year old from Poland. His English is okay, not great. I’d like to try to communicate with him in his native tongue.

I hope my good intentions out shine my language ignorance.

I am curious what would be the prominent language of Poland 75-80 years ago. Still kabushian? Would there be any variance for me translating now?

I am conversational( depends on the conversation) in German so I am unsure if this is an advantage or not.

TLDR: What language do I speak/write to a 75 year old polish man?

submitted by /u/ToastersLaughingAtMe
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2IhLMbA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments