English is my fourth language. I’ve recently been accepted into an English school and it’s incredibly overwhelming.

I got a 93% average on my first term, so I’m really proud of that, but now that it’s the second term, things are getting a bit rocky.

I’ve gone to a school which spoke primarily in my native language, meaning that I basically have to “relearn” everything from scratch, considering it’s very difficult to apply my elementary school’s knowledge to this English highschool because of the language barrier.

The moment where this suddenly proved itself was a few weeks ago in Geography, while the teacher would say one sentence and there’d be ten words that I’d never even heard of once in my entire life. Even after looking up the definitions I’m still a bit confused.

All the other girls in my class are native English speakers, so they understand everything really well. I don’t want to fall behind so soon. Going to an English school like this has been my dream, I don’t want to throw it away just because I can’t keep up.

Do you have any advice? I’d really really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/walterwartford
[link] [comments]

from خوش آمدید| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2XSiJzV
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments