Six Weeks of French Exposure. Best Practices?

Hey Folks,

​

I, like many people I have spoken to, took a language (French) in school, had a basic conversational grasp on it, and have since forgotten a large part of it. I work at a retreat center and recently found out we will be hosting a Quebecois group for about a month and a half, and I want to use it as an opportunity to learn (some) French. They will be arriving within the next few days, and stay for several weeks.

​

  1. I am aware that there will be some differences in grammar and vocab from "traditional" dialect. Not sure how glaring they are, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
  2. I won't be speaking to them all day every day. Sadly, I still have to work, but I will likely see them most days for breakfast and dinner.
  3. While some grammar and vocab will probably come back to me, I'm working under the assumption that I'm at a beginner level with a small foundation.
  4. My connection here is quite terrible so streaming videos and video chats will be difficult, but I can load text and smaller audio files. Can download resources it will just take time.

​

What regimen/tools/tips would you recommend?

What would be a reasonable goal for me to set for myself for the end of their time here? (I realize this will depend largely on my personal learning ability, foundations, and general determination.)

​

If I can clarify any points or let you know what resources I have available to me please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.

submitted by /u/Space_Cadet_Tyler
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2U6ONCz
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments