I am 25 years old and want to begin learning my first new language.

I was recently told by a friend that if I want to begin learning languages, I need to start as soon as possible due to my age. I’ve wanted to for years, but have recently discovered YouTube channels such as Laoshu and Wouter, and I’m realizing I need to stop wanting and start doing.

The first language I would like to learn is Spanish, as I am from the southern region of the USA and there are a tremendous amount of Spanish speakers where I am from. Plus, I grow a specific type of cactus native to Mexico, and it would help me to communicate better with the talented growers who only speak Spanish. I have two questions.

Is it true that it becomes more difficult to learn languages as you become older? And secondly, I was hoping you guys might be able to share some tips or resources that personally helped/help you out when you begin a new language. I am at a stage where I am clueless so anything would be appreciated.

I plan on reading the beginner links in the community description after posting this, but I figured it might be a good idea to ask for tips as I’m hoping some of the users here might have some input based on personal experiences.

Thanks for your time!

submitted by /u/HalloumiPls
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2FLbOCg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments