Going from B2 to C1 in multiple languages help

Hello,

So, I speak 7 languages: English is my native, Spanish at a C1/2 level, Portuguese/Russian/Mandarin/Modern Greek at B2 and Kyrgyz at B1.

Now, when I brought my Spanish up to the C1/2 level (not sure never got formal tested but my level is definitely there) I only was working with Chinese and Spanish. As such, I crossed the B2 to C1/2 bridge relatively fast (1 year about, I also lived abroad for 6 months of that). I know what worked to get me to that level and I know the time commitment required. However, my problem now is that I have several languages I want to bring up to the C1/2 level and that complicates things. I was living abroad for a bit so it was easier then to manage but now back in the USA with a full time job I just cannot do what I did with my Spanish to my other languages in terms of immense time commitment.

For now, I am not looking to improve or even work on at all my Kyrgyz or Portuguese. P is so tied to Spanish I find I do not really need to practice it just to keep up my speaking/listening/reading and Kyrgyz is just another story entirely!

So, I am looking to bring my Modern Greek, Russian and Mandarin Chinese into the C1 realm.

Here is my current language study activities...

I study on a schedule of one day Spanish/Chinese, one day Greek/Russian. For each of those days I read roughyl 1-1.5 hours per language of literature, news articles, or blogs related t topics I enjoy. I also listen to about 30-45 minutes of audio.

Additionally, I keep up email exchanges in those languages for writing but that is not a scheduled activity. I know that speaking is vital but speaking is not an issue that concerns me in terms of how to reach the C2 level in speaking. I am more concerned in building thta 10,000 -15,000 word vocabulary required.

What do you think of my routine in terms of this getting me to my goals? Because the intermediate plateau is so large and made even larger because the number of languages I am crossing it in simultaneously I lose faith in the process/my habits at times which leads me to feeling frustrated.

I am not impatient either. My goal is to reach C1 in those languages in four years time. Then within 6 years I would like to bring my Portuguese up to the C1 as well. With Kyrgyz we will see, it is a true love of mine but it is a harder one to practice due to lack of materials

Thanks so much for any input!

submitted by /u/anteenpedro
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2FGYH3R
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments