Experiences learning to read and write heritage language?

Does anyone want to share their experience learning to read and write their heritage language? I can understand Thai enough to follow conversations and understand a simple movie, though I can't speak very well. Not being able to read a word of Thai has made it difficult to continue learning it. I can't use Thai to browse online for resources or text a native pen pal. Any Thai class designed for English speakers would likely require me to read Thai at least somewhat. The writing system is also more complicated than any of the other languages I've studied, at least to me. Anyone feel free to share their struggles and advice.

submitted by /u/NothingPotato
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2JSFKR2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments