What to do after Assimil Spanish With Ease? FSI or Grammar Books?

I have been doing 2-3 lessons per day and I will be done with the Assimil Spanish (2014 edition) in a couple of weeks. Many people suggest to only do one lesson at a time but I find the lessons easy so I do more. I also put everything in Anki and spend an hour on that. Besides Assimil, I also learn 40 new words in Anki everyday using the Frequency List. Spanish is very similar to my native language of Filipino (Tagalog). I moved to the US at 15 and speak English fluently also.

I’ve learned a great deal using Assimil and I wish they had an advanced version for Spanish. I‘ve seen screenshots of Assimil Using Spanish and now I understand why people suggest avoiding it.

My question is, should I dive straight into native material after Assimil? Honestly, I don’t think I’m ready. So I was thinking of doing FSI for 2-3 months and see how far it will take me. I’m just not sure if it is worth the time doing that or if there are more effective methods. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/docdochope
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2IEyY0P
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments