What do you think about this "strategy" for learning Turkish?

So my goal is to achieve at least a strong B1, but preferably a B2 level in Turkish by the end of 2019. I would appreciate any advice you can give me on how I can achieve this, is this even doable, and any corrections to my "strategy" on how I'm planning to do this. So my idea:

In the first 2.5 months or so I would spend all my learning time with vocabulary. 30 new words a day with Anki, after 2.5 months I would be at 2,250 words. The reason why I want to start with vocab only is that I don't think I would get much from watching videos or movies, reading articles, etc. in Turkish since I don't know most of the words I'm seeing/hearing, so I'm listening but I can't comprehend what I'm hearing. However if I knew over 2,000 words, I would at least understand little pieces of most content. That's where the second part comes in after 2.5 months, I would start learning grammar while I still study 30 new words every day for another 2.5-3 months. That would put me to roughly around 5,000 words, with understanding of most basic grammar rules after 5-6 months. That's when I would start watching movies, podcasts, videos for listening, read books, articles, news for reading, talking to people on Reddit and other social media for writing, and for speaking reading books out loud, talking to a recorder, etc. I would keep adding new words that come up while I do these methods into my Anki deck for vocabulary.

What do you think? Can I achieve my goals this way? If not, what are your suggestions? Thank you so much if you took the time to read my question and even more if you answer. I appreciate it.

submitted by /u/trifehun
[link] [comments]

from Merħba| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2I4rvI8
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments