Spanish crash course

I'll soon be leaving my job which will give me a small window to do something that I always wanted to do, learn Spanish! I've done some study in the past: some duolingo, some videos and has some spanish friends which I had basic conversations with but my level is still basically zero. I was previously thinking about doing a 1-2 month immersion course but I had a look at private tutor prices and there's tons as cheap as 10/euro an hour from people who don't look clueless (one example claims to be a lawyer).

I'm now toying with the idea of, first, completing duolingo. secondly, learning the 1000 most common spanish words then going out and having 5 hours tutoring a day In Spain. Hopefully, I would study in the evening too for a couple of hours and socialize in Spanish if possible. That would put me at around 7 hours of study per day. I'm decent at self studying as I'm a programmer, so I'm used to constant Googling to understand how things work.

Does this sound like a better idea than taking the classes which are around 20 hours a week?

Would I likely be at a stage where I'm able to confidently have basic conversations after 1 month? after 2 months?

submitted by /u/echomod
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2GQdBYO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments