Source for Natural Mexican Audio

I've been learning Spanish for about 4 years on my own, some of that time in Mexico. I can talk more or less OK for getting around and living in Mexico-- no huge problems or misunderstandings, but I am nowhere near a "social" level where I'd converse with someone just as easily as a native speaker could. My accent is pretty bad and sometimes people in certain parts of the country have trouble understanding me. I can understand mostly everything in conversation. I can definitely understand dubbed movies and American TV shows easily. I struggle with original content like TV shows and movies produced in Mexico. This is because I've spent most of my time listening to dubbed materials because they are easier and because of a lack of content that I was interested in. I struggle when watching TV in Mexico. My speaking is not good in part I believe because while I understand what people say to me on a day to day basis in Mexico, I don't catch all the individual small words and therefor don't use them effectively and in a natural way myself.

Also looking for general advice on how to keep progressing: For learning, I mostly watched dubbed TV, read some books, and listened to some audiobooks. I also did 1 on 1 tutoring sessions with a native speaker where we had hour long conversations on politics and things like that. So for me getting into an hour long cab ride and talking with the driver about something is a LOT easier than some other situations. For instance, telling that same cab driver in a natural way to veer to the left until he sees the sign and then make a right... that's way out of my league. I'm sure I could get the point across more or less but I'd sound like a weirdo gringo doing it.

Anyway.... I'm looking for stuff like podcasts or TV series where there are a variety of natural Mexican accents and speaking patterns.

submitted by /u/GoodListenerAsWell
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2TqZuz2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments