Making the most of a 6 month stay in Ecuador

I'll be graduating with my AA in fall, and my dad is offering to pay for me and my fiance to fly to Ecuador and stay with my grandpa until the next fall (so 8 months).

I speak Spanish moderately well - enough to read the news and hold a conversation. We stopped speaking it at home when I was maybe 12 years old, and I've had to relearn it for the most part. Accent and all.

My fiance hasn't taken Spanish since high school and has forgotten it almost entirely. They just started doing duolingo to try and prep for the trip.

I won't get another chance at this level of immersion for many years. I don't know how to make the most of my time, though, or how I could even prepare for something like this.

Any advice is welcome.

submitted by /u/crying-child
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2TsPGEJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments