Stick to highschool language, or move to one with more utility?

I studied French for years on and off in highschool and college, but never achieved much real fluency. One of my big adult goals has been going back to it and I've tried to a few times but it's so disconnected from my everyday experience despite being a beautiful language.

I've considered moving on to Spanish (spoken by most of my coworkers better than they speak English, increasingly a necessary skill in this day and age) or Italian (spoken by my roommate, and I have a genuine passion for Italian cuisine) but it feels like a waste of that French learning and like I should go back and 'finish' it before I continue and move on.

What's the right move here that isn't learning Uzbek?

submitted by /u/canigetafuckinuh
[link] [comments]

from ようこそ | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2WpQ19x
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments