Linguistic ADHD

Hi!!

American here. I've loved learning languages all my life, but I've had one big problem that's been keeping me from really becoming fluent in a second one. I get super distracted trying out new languages all the time. I've only been able to consistently keep with a language when I've had someone to practice with. Thusly I was learning Mandarin for 3 years in high school when I had friends from China, and Spanish for the past 5 years when I've had friends from Colombia. But sometimes you don't have someone to practice with and I need to continue learning anyway. I just get distracted with either finding a new friend with a new first language, or just reading about a new language and jumping in. I just can't help it, I want to learn everything! I want to actually get fluent in multiple languages but I can't seem to stop getting distracted.

I suppose my question is; What should I do to learn multiple languages at once and be able to focus on those? Is there a limit to how many languages someone can learn at once, and how do I break this linguistic ADHD?

submitted by /u/Snarkefeller
[link] [comments]

from Merħba| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2HLYnoO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments